Sunday 19 June 2011

Week 2

Well I think it's safe to say that the things i've heard about proper nutrition while running has hit home this week.

By Wednesday I was feeling lethargic, lacking energy and feeling like I was about to fall asleep at any point and felt utterly fatigued. With the help of a co-worker I realised that the lack of energy was probably due to complete lack of Iron in my diet for about 2 months. I'm not planning on starting to take supplements or anything like that but I did go home and eat a steak and open a bottle of red wine.

I also had a big think about other nutritional issues - i've been steadily gaining a few lbs each month and it needs to stop and indeed come off - I promised myself that i'd be more careful with my weight and so far it hasn't happened since I stopped weightwatchers - so i'm going to go back to the saturday morning class from next month and i'm going to keep a careful watch on eating 3 balanced meals a day again, portion control, 5 fruit and veg's a day and only snacking on fruit and vegetables.

That being said i've decided to take it really easy this weekend as stress has certainly been a big part of feeling crappy over the last few weeks so I didn't train on Saturday as planned but I did help Elliot move out, which, as it works out, was quite a work out. I'm going to train as normal next week and just hope that gradually the weight falls off and the diet changes help my energy levels.

Other than that training was fine.

The only other thing that i'm thinking about at the moment is sleep and how much/little i'm getting. I need to be a bit more organised in terms of lunch preparation and getting myself to bed and chilled out at a reasonable time. It's stuff that requires more thought but I feel like i'm making the starting steps OK at the moment so I just need to make sure I stick to it.

Hopefully next week will be a bit more balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment